Sadly, car accidents occur every day. You’re on your way to work or to pick up your kids from school, and in a moment, your entire life could be permanently changed as a result of an auto accident. While many accidents are minor and only involve damage to the vehicle, car accidents that involve serious injuries or even a fatality will require the legal representation of a knowledgeable and dedicated attorney familiar with and skilled in the specifics of this type of lawsuit.
When You Need a Negligence-Car Accident Attorney
There are several situations when you need to have a good negligence-injury-car accident attorney in your corner in order to get the best possible resolution for your case:
- You’ve been seriously injured and have significant medical bills
- You are injured with residual disability and are expected to incur medical bills in the future
- An insurance company denied your claim, and you believe their denial was incorrect
- An insurance company has offered you a settlement that you feel is too low
- You aren’t sure of how you can prove your loss
- You are not responsible for an accident, but liability is being blamed on you
- The circumstances of your car accident are complicated and need investigation from an expert
If you’ve been involved in a car accident and feel as though any of these scenarios sound like your situation, seek out the expertise of an experienced car accident attorney. This is especially true if your case is not clear-cut, and if this is true of your situation, you should always speak to an attorney before talking to an insurance adjuster.
Finding the Right Car Accident Lawyer
There are many ways to find a good car accident attorney. While referrals from friends and family are a good start, if no one close to you has been involved in a serious auto accident, this may not be an option for your situation. In these cases, the Internet can help you to locate car accident attorneys in your area, especially when you visit quality-assured lawyer directories.
If you find an accident attorney that interests you, you may want to set up a consultation to have your case reviewed and to get to know your potential lawyer. Ask some of the following questions before you make a hiring decision:
- What type of experience do you have in car accident injury cases?
- What percentage of your practice is dedicated to auto accident cases?
- What is the typical settlement for a case like mine?
- How do you structure your fees?
- Will I be responsible for any out of pocket expenses?
It is in your best interest to hire a car accident attorney early to prevent costly mistakes. Personal injury claims will have filing deadlines depending on the state that you live in, and because you may need compensation for your medical bills or lost wages, time is of the essence. The sooner that you contact a car accident lawyer, the better your outcome will be.